So you’re getting married, the venue is booked, your dress is hanging in the closet (well hidden, of course), you have meetings scheduled with your florist and have a house full of decorative and DIY items. We totally get it – it can get a little frantic! While we feel confident that everything will come together on the day of your celebration, there is one department we’ve noticed that brides often overlook, or don’t devote as much time to as they should; and that’s taking care of themselves.
Your wedding day is your time to shine. You’ve worked all year long to throw arguably the biggest party you’ve ever thrown and so for this, you’ll want to look your absolute best. With a little prep, pampering and planning, you’ll be looking radiant and picture-perfect in no time!
To help you avoid wedding-day stress, as well as any last-minute beauty fiascos, we’ve put together the ultimate wedding beauty timeline. From when to get waxed and when to schedule your hair appointments, this checklist will ensure you look your natural, glowing self.
8 Months Out
First things first, you’ll want to take care of a few necessities to get your mind and body on the right track from the start.
- Develop a fitness and nutrition plan: Avoid crash dieting in the weeks leading up to your wedding. Start to rethink the way you eat now, and commit to a workout schedule so that you’ll be healthy and glowing, instead of exhausted and weak.
Find your skincare regimen: If you’ve been known to hit the sack before washing your face, or merely splash on some water and call it a day, now is the time to adapt to a new skincare routine. Cleanse, tone, target and moisturize every morning and night. Don’t forget to exfoliate as well at least twice a week. Starting this now will help you learn which products work best for you skin.
- Schedule a hair appointment: If you’ve been on the fence about what you want your hair to be for your wedding, this is a great time to test it out. If you hate it, you’ll have plenty of time to grow it out or change the color.
6 Months Out
Start taking vitamins: Take a multi-vitamin to keep you healthy and energized, planning can get stressful! Take a beauty supplement, like Biotin, to help with longer, shinier hair and glowing skin.
Drink water: During our busy day-to-day schedules, it can be difficult to get the recommended 8 pints of water. Make it a point to drink an 8-ounce glass every hour, on the hour. Your glowing skin will thank you!
Ditch the salt: Because well, bloating.
- Book your stylists: Do your research and book your hair and makeup stylists.
4 Months Out
1 Month Out
Okay, now is when we kick it into full gear! You’ve been drinking your water, decided on a hair color and style, brightened your teeth….now we move into the fun stuff.
Schedule any facial procedures: Facial peels, exfoliating facials, etc – give yourself enough time by scheduling this now in case you have an allergic reaction to anything.
Purchase any beauty accessories: If you have a specific hair or makeup product you’ll need on your wedding day, it’s best to start collecting now, so that you’re not scrambling days before.
2 Weeks Before
Image Via Pop Hair Color
1 Week Before
- Get your waxing done
- Get a manicure and pedicure
- Consider booking a massage to ease tension
- Pack a beauty kit that includes bobby pins, tissues, cotton balls, makeup remover, etc.
- Go in for a spray tan (usually 3-4 days before)
1 Day Before
The most beautiful thing you can wear on your wedding day is a bright smile, but that will just come naturally! We hope you enjoyed our wedding beauty timeline.
Happy prepping ladies, YOU are beautiful!
Frustrated with wedding planning? Let us help!
Sign up for our newsletter & receive a FREE consultation with our wedding pros!