We’re not going to beat around the bush. It’s not easy planning for all the aspects of a day you want to be flawless. It’s no wonder so many brides get stressed out early on in the process. Once you get started planning, there are so many aspects that may had never even occurred to you and your once simple “to-do” list seems to do nothing but grow.
Don’t worry! With a few good people, a dash of humor and these 6 helpful tips listed below, you can get through this. It is possible to throw the wedding of the dreams while still staying sane!
1.Find an Outlet: Your body will have lots of nervous energy building up to the big day and you’ll need to find an outlet for this energy. Any form of exercise, whether taking a yoga class or running on the treadmill, will not only get you fit, but will relax tense muscles in your body and release endorphins to help you feel relaxed and happy. Try scheduling yourself time to fit this into your schedule 2-3 times a week. Not the workout type? Workout mentally by making it a point to journal every night before bed. Write down everything that’s on your mind, to-do’s, feelings etc. Doing this before you fall asleep will leave you with a clear conscious and you’ll feel like you got a lot off your chest.
2. Have a Wedding Free Night: Ensure that you take time out of your wedding planning to devote to yourself. Pampering yourself at the hair salon, nail salon or enjoying a nice shopping trip every so often will help you to relax, unwind and just kick back! Just as important, devote time to you and your man, wedding-planning free. Schedule 1 night per week and 1 weekend per month with no mentions of the wedding and go do something you both enjoy. By taking a break together, it will leave you feeling refreshed and ready to tackle your wedding plans the next day with renewed enthusiasm.
3. Schedule Times to Plan: On the flip side, you should create a strict schedule of the days and times you’ll plan your wedding. Sticking to this routinely will ensure you’ll never miss a beat and can tackle each task step-by-step. Of course you’ll miss some days here and there, but just make sure you’re staying consistent so that you don’t have a laundry list of to-dos built up when it’s crunch time.
4. Ask for Help: Don’t be afraid to ask for help from the people you know you can rely on; bridesmaids, groomsmen, parents, grandparents and friends. Choose people who understand the vision you have for your wedding and who have similar tastes to your own. Trust us, they will be happy to get involved and be a part of your day. If you know from the start who you want helping out, you’ll save yourself a ton of stress!
5. Try out Meditation: Meditation is a great way to de-stress your mind. There are numerous CDs and online options available so you can practice at home, or you can hit up the local meditation classes in your area. With just 10 minutes of meditation a day, you’ll be ready to enjoy the small tasks and get through the overwhelming ones in stride.
6. Focus on Love: Last but certainly not least, is focus on why you are even in this situation – Marriage is about two people sharing their love to one another and expressing that love to those around them. In many instances, the anxiety side of wedding planning tends to distract the couple from this simple fact. Forget trying to impress your guests or throwing the wedding of year and focus on what’s really important. At the end of the day, you have each other and this should be a fun process you both go through together!
As you continue through your wedding planning, remember the reasons why you’re excited to get married and just have fun! This is a time to celebrate and enjoy the process. You are marrying your best friend and nothing else really matters. Maintain a positive attitude throughout the ride and try your best to breathe through the rough times!
If you’d like more tips on how to de-stress the wedding planning process, reach out to us today! We’d love to chat with you about how The White Box can be that lending hand you’ve been waiting for.